Monday, December 10, 2012

Never Neglect the Littlest Accessory - The Crumpler Noose

I absolutely love my BlackRapid RS-Sport-2 Slim (review) and Joby 3-Way Camera Strap (review). The freedom from the stock camera strap that came with the camera body is something that I always try to enjoy.

However, there are times when my favorite straps are not very practical: these are the times when I use a tripod.

Previously, when I needed to use a tripod, like when I shoot fireworks, I would have removed the FastenR from the tripod socket, then I would re-attach the stock neck strap. It's a very clunky setup because I would have to bring both the BlackRapid and the stock neck strap. And it was also an impractical set up because I would have to constantly remove and attach things depending on what I was trying to shoot! (Imagine shooting fireworks, then you are called inside to take someone's photos then you go back outside to shoot more fireworks.)

You may suggest that I just do away with the strap all together. However, I do not like this. I do not want my camera to be, say, 15 stories up, wind blowing, while I take photographs of fireworks and no strap for me to hold on to. I could hold the tripod but any movement I create will disturb my shots. With a strap, as long as you keep it slack while holding it, your shots won't, more or less, be disturbed.

Enter the Crumpler Noose.

This is a half-strap. You connect it to one of the strap mounts in your camera. The other end, you loop into your shooting hand. With this set up, the tripod screw mount is still free, for those times when you need to shoot with a tripod. It's so simple!

It's so simple that I am quite surprised that only Crumpler makes these. Or at least, Crumpler is the only brand I've seen with this kind of strap... Oh, there is pocket for an SD-card, though that is not as important for me.

So, when I don't need a tripod, which is about 90% of my photography, then I will use either the BlackRapid or the Joby 3-Way strap. But for the other 10%, I'm gonna use the Crumpler Noose.

So get yours here!

Gear used to make this post:

-- Apple iPhone4.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Photography Chicago There's Always A Shot Review Philippines Gadgets Outdoor Photography Accesories Metro Manila Street Photography Events Photography Inspiration Photo Journalism Summer Photography Advice Travel Winter Accessories Photography How-to Portraiture The Wife Apple Autumn Shot A Million Times iPhone Video Review Product Review Holidays Long Exposure Spring Architecture Princeton iPhone Accessories Inspiration Taguig Art Indoor Music iPod Canon Cameras Event Fireworks Photography Technique Photojournalism How-to Museum Product Photography Books Fine Art Fitness Health Personal iPhone photography Flowers Fujifilm Panorama iPhone Photo Blue Hour #MoreFunInThePhilippines Food Photography Landscapes Lenses Filipino Fujinon Launch Mac Shoes Sony California HDR Japan Makati City Musings Navy Pier Night Photography Photoshop Science iPad Android BGC Bags Blog Contest Family Fashion Fitbit Friends Internet Motion Blur Non-iPhone phone Road Trip Running Sunset USA iPad Accessories iPhone Apps Animated GIF Apple Accessories Battery Bluetooth Cebu Cycling Dance Earphones Food Garmin GoPro Gym Home Luzon Macro Natural Light Photography Outdoor Run Pageantry Parade Quantified Self Quezon City Smartphone Sports Tabletop Photography Time Lapse Video Videography Workout iOS 4K Advice Anime Animé App Review Apple Watch Architectures Asia Athletics Beach City Scape Cosplay Dining Drop-proof case Duathlon Editorial Emotion Flower Globe GoProMax HD Halloween Holy Sites Home Theater Hyperlapse Joby Laptop Accessories Learning Long Zoom Love Lowepro MacBook Manga Manila Milky Way Mind Museum Minnesota Mobile Phone Mobile Phone Photography Movies North Luzon Orange PSHS Pasay City People Photography Event Post-Processing Power Rain Requests SM MoA Samsung Satire Sound Speakers TPLEX Tagaytay Tanay Televisions Temples There is always a shot Walking Workshop iPhone Case iPhone Xs Max

Comment Guidelines

Keep all comments relevant to the original post. Do not post comments which contain profanity, hate speeches or solicitations of any kind. Posting comments to this blog constitutes your agreement to adhere to these guidelines.