|Fireworks at the Golden Gate Bridge|
Observations about San Francisco (the second time around):
- It was really cold for a summer season. The wife and I were caught flat-footed - we didn't have anything heavier than cotton sweaters.
- Despite the cold summer, stores are not selling heavier jackets because they are "out of season". C'mon clothes stores in San Francisco! Get real! Do you know how much sales are lost from surprised tourists because you wouldn't admit that it is cold there?
- Bus drivers like changing routes and, sometimes, do not stop on bus stops. (There was even one who had a shouting match with one passenger when the bus driver did not go all the way to the intended last stop...)
- There is a great number of food choices; the wife and I are grateful that our friend knows her food well.
- The wife and I greatly enjoyed all the places that we were able to go to, particularly Japan Town, Japanese Tea Garden and Taste Tea SF. We wouldn't mind going back to those places - and next time, we would bring heavier jackets, summer season be damned!